Meridian Manufacturing Inc
Meridian Manufacturing Inc., Winkler, MB: Regional Sales Manager – Eastern Dakotas/Northwestern MN
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Development and Continual Learning
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Decision making and Judgment
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Planning and Organizing
- Relationship building
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from advertising inquiries, direct mail responses, trade shows, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Complete lists that are effective and profitable, and meet or exceed typical conversion rates.
- Makes outbound calls to potential and existing customers by telephone or e-mail to sell products and services which result to be productive and profitable.
- Provides product demos on request to qualified customers.
- Completes demonstrations that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Emphasizes saleable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Develops a method of follow up on all quotations.
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely sales information.
- Overcomes business and technical objections of prospective customers.
- Addresses customer concerns in a professional, productive, and timely manner.
- Handles inbound sales calls to convert calls into sales.
- Accurately estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of (Company Name) production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares accurate business transactions reports. Sales reports must be filled out on a weekly basis and are due by Monday noon.
- Prepares and keeps dealer data base current and helps the territory sales managers with budgets.
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature current, accurate, and complete. Regional sales manager is the outside sales representative.
- Investigates and professionally resolves customer complaints regarding deliveries.
- Attends trade shows as necessary as it is productive and contributes to increased sales.
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales programs; recommend and implement changes based on findings.
- Develop and implement distribution strategies, reselling agreements, and other growth opportunities.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals.
- Complete other duties as necessary.
- Make sure dealers stay within the designated credit terms
- University degree in relevant field an asset.
- 3 years minimum of direct work experience in a management capacity.
- Experience in the agricultural and industrial markets an asset.
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to examine and re-engineer sales operations, form new policies, develop and implement new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces, both retail and wholesale.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software package.
- Ability to cross into the USA, and holds a valid travel document